Thursday, September 2, 2010

Everett is 9 Months!...and Other News...

What a day! Dale and I were so busy today and the day just flew by. I hope this isn't a sign of how September is going to be. The month of August came and went so fast that we barely had time to even enjoy it. September is my favorite month of the entire year and I hope I'll be given the opportunity to enjoy it a little. Work is slowing down though. School has started and the warm, sunny days are coming to an end and people are getting themselves settled into their homes. I'm having fewer rental inquiries and fewer move-ins. All I gotta say is : Praise. The. Lord. For the past month or so, with work being so busy, it has been compromising my one-on-one time with Everett, his nap times, and affecting the time and energy I have to put forth maintaining our home in a clean and orderly state. Today, our place looked like Hurricane Earl made a quick stop and left us with a frantic mess. There were toys EVERYWHERE and you were lucky enough if you didn't trip and break your neck, dishes covering about every inch of the kitchen table and counter tops, clothing hanging on the backs and arms of the couch, piles of dirty laundry upstairs, piles of clean laundry begging to be folded and put away, and so much clutter on the coffee table that trying to find something would be like playing "Where's Waldo." I turned into Super Woman for about 30 minutes and flew around the place cleaning and picking up everything. I've always been a very clean, tidy, and organized individual and I can't sleep if I know that there's things to be picked up or cleaned. At least I know I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Everett is 9 months today! My birthday boy was full of giggles and silliness today (which was a one-eighty from yesterday). He was able to spend a lot of time today with Dad while I was busy with work appointments.











I've recently been into trying out new recipes and tonight, I made Chicken Stuffing Bake. I know it's good when Dale scarfs it down and tells me I need to make it again!


I also signed up for a one year membership at Curves today. It's finally time to get myself into shape. I've missed wearing my skinny jeans and am tired of having all my skinny clothes stare at me everyday.

I'm really looking forward to September and the upcoming Fall and Winter months. I'm ready to cozy up with Everett and Dale on rainy days where we can all cuddle up on the couch and watch movies, sip on hot cocoa and pumpkin spice lattes, and to have cinnamon and vanilla candles flickering amongst our home. Here's to the beginning of Fall and all it's memories that are waiting to be made!

2 comments:

  1. You have been a busy lady with work! I'm glad it's starting to slow down with school starting! I feel ya on the house thing. Laundry is my worst enemy! Seriously!!! Um you saw my hallway...haha. I wait and put it off and then end up doing it all at once. I really should stop that! Now that Ethan is going to bed on his own i have time at night, and I have started doing a load or two a night. I am so sick of having two loads of clean laundry sitting in a basket waiting to be put away, and three loads waiting to be washed! PLUS diapers! UGH! What was I thinking adding another load. LOL. at least those don't need folded! haha.

    Everett is such a happy, sweet boy! I love those grins! I love that he smiles for the Camera. Ethan gets a stone face when he see's mine! haha. I only catch smiles when he doesn't notice my camera!

    That chicken bake looks good. Josh isn't a big fan of stuffing...but I LOVE it! You might have to start sharing these recipes with me!

    I LOVE fall too! That is definitely a perk of the North West compared to the desert in Ca. All the beautiful colors! The smell of fall, the pumpkin carving in October :) I can't wait to take the boys to a pumpkin patch! Pictures amongst the pumpkins! Chai latte's with pumpkin spice syrup :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post.... Fall is one of my favorite seasons as well... I love this kind of weather where you can throw on a pair of jeans and a hoodie ... and bonfires and hot chocolate!!! I feel the same about our home... it is so hectic and chaotic and I just am really wanting everything to fall into some sort of place already!!!! Hopefully this weekend will bring more motivation to get more done at our house. :) Happy 9 Months, Everett!!!!!! Hope you guys have a great Labor Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete