Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sunny Saturday

Today started out with early signs of Fall weather: the air was crisp and cool and you could see your breath when you breathed out. It was the perfect morning to enjoy my first pumpkin spice latte of the year. As the day progressed, the sun came out and warmed everything. We spent a lot of the day with the windows open, enjoying the fresh air.

Everett made a new friend and his name is Elmo. Elmo does a funny chicken dance.



Everett is trying to pull himself up onto everything lately and has become oh so good at standing up all by himself.





Everett started doing this:



Everett likes to stick his thumb into Mommy's nose right when she takes the picture.



Everett loves to be silly.


On Food News, I made Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls for our annual Hergert Reunion/Picnic tomorrow. I'll be up bright and early to make the lasagna for the main dish I'll be taking.


Dale took tomorrow off so he could attend this year's reunion. I can't wait to spend the day with family: parents, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, great aunts and uncles, 2nd-3rd-4th cousins, and so on. Every year, we just sit around and eat a ton of food, have a ping pong tournament, water balloon toss, swimming, board games and card games, and just good 'ol hang out time and soaking in as much of each others company. I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. He is getting so big so fast! I can't believe how much they are starting to figure out! Hope you have tons of fun today! Sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I just wqatched the video (cant from my phone) and I cant believe hes trying to stand in the middle of the room! He'll figure it out before too long! Yay Everett!

    ReplyDelete