Sunday, November 28, 2010

Putting up the Christmas Tree

We decided to go the artificial tree route so we would not have to deal with the mess of pine needles and with Everett trying to put them in his mouth. Also, with the building that we live in, hauling a real tree in the elevator would've been a bit of a hassle as well.

Surprisingly, Everett wasn't too enthralled with the tree. He was more amused with the box instead.




He did take a moment to check out the lights though.





Last year, we used my mother-in-law's tree that had been stored for years. Being boxed up for so long took it's toll. It was a sorry-looking of a tree but we did not want a treeless house with it being Everett's first Christmas and all. I'm sure you'll get a laugh out of it. Looking back at these pictures, we sure did!


It looked like we played "pin the ornaments on the tree" blindfolded. It's the memories that we have though and a year later, we can look back and have a laugh.

Within the past year, we've unfortunately managed to lose a handful of the ornaments. We only have silver decorations so it looks like we'll be going out to purchase more so we can complete our beautiful tree this year!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it so funny how much little ones love big boxes?! I love the photos of B looking at the Christmas lights - so precious.

    Can you believe how tiny they were the last time a Christmas tree was up? Ah! So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't put our Christmas tree up at our house yet {these pictures definitely light a fire under my toush {sp?} though!!!} but my parents had a few up at their place and B didn't even give them the time of day...which I thought was strange!!! I thought he'd be crawling in it like our old cat used to do. Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the picture of him in the box! Too funny! Oh and I LOVE the photos of him looking at the lighted tree! I need to get our pictures up! Yay for Christmas! I can't wait for all the traditions and memories we'll make this year!

    ReplyDelete