Monday, April 26, 2010

Teething

Today, I noticed a little white dot on Everett's lower gums. He's teething! How could I have not recognized this earlier? He had been teething and I didn't even know it. I kind of feel like a bad mom for not associating his extra drooling, gnawing on his bib and burp rags, grabbing his left ear, and his bouts of extra fussiness from time to time these past few weeks to the possibility of him teething. He hasn't been awfully fussy and I never did assume that he was at the age of teething already; it seemed a little early to be doing so but with him getting up so much in the middle of the night lately, I felt his gums earlier today to see if there was anyway possible that he had a tooth coming in and.... I felt and saw a tooth! He's such a calm, easy-going baby that I missed the signs but it's a relief to know that he's one of the lucky babies that doesn't experience such discomfort from teething. It seems that he was just born yesterday and like every other mom, I don't want him to grow up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment