Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cirque du Soleil {Kooza}


Last night, Dale and I had a night out and went and saw Cirque du Soleil's Kooza. We left Everett with my parents and went down to the South Waterfront in Portland. It being the first time Dale and I going out without Everett, we were both nervous as we left and drove off. I wanted to cry but I held it together. Ha.

The show was great and even though I've been to several Cirque du Soleiol's shows before, I enjoyed it more than ever. It had been Dale's first time and he was in awe and loved it!

I don't like clowns and was a little creeped out at first but the set of 3 clowns that were in a big chunk of the show were actually pretty funny. I found myself cracking up pretty hard several times. Thankfully, no dreams about any scary clowns last night.


Dale really enjoyed the Wheel of Death. I think it was the most dangerous act of the show and had our hearts beating fast and our hands sweaty. I was actually a little scared for them. The main thing that I didn't like about this act was that the two guys were dressed as Satan. That's even more creepier than the clowns.


I really enjoyed the contortionists and am still in awe the ways they bend their body, this way and that. During the show, I told Dale it just hurts me bending over and touching my toes. While waiting in line for a bag of popcorn during intermission, I heard the lady behind me tell her friend that the contortionists were probably not single. They were probably right. At one point, one of the girls had her head on the ground, chin down, and she literally ran around her head in a 360 degree angle. Just craziness.


We managed to get through the evening with one phone call to my parents during intermission. We avoided going out to a nice dinner after the show because we were both so anxious to get to my parent's to see Everett. Instead, we enjoyed a nice, romantic dinner through the McDonald's drive-thru. All in all, it was nice having some alone time out with Dale and we both really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment