Sunday, December 4, 2011

Everett's 2nd Birthday

I have a two year old. I HAVE A TWO YEAR OLD. All I can say is that time flies. I am still trying to swallow the fact that I no longer have a baby but a toddler who is becoming very independent, opinionated, bossy, and energetic. The first time I laid eyes on him two years ago, I didn't know I could love something so much. Here we are two years later and I love him even more.

As a mom, you want everything to be perfect for your child. Unfortunately, I've had the flu and I wasn't able to do everything I wanted for his birthday but thanks to my wonderful family, I know Everett had a memorable birthday. My parents and two of my siblings came over for dinner to celebrate. My brother Garret cooked and made one of Everett's favorite meals, spaghetti!

I knew that Everett knew that it was a special day made just for him. I wish I would've captured the moment when we all began singing happy birthday to him. His face and his eyes lit up brighter than I had ever seen. I watched him as he looked at everyone and I knew he was full of absolute contentment and happiness. That made my day and that's when I knew that even though I wasn't able to create all the birthday ideas I had planned, it was perfect for him.

Opening his birthday gift from Momma and Dada.

Fire Station!

Fire truck!

We realized 5 minutes before dinner that we didn't have a cake. Dada saved the day on that one.



Thanks to my wonderful mom, she brought some fun party hats!

Me and my handsome birthday boy.
Everett's birthday party was scheduled for today but was canceled and rescheduled for next Sunday. I feel like I'm on the mend and look forward to crafting and baking this week for his party!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERETT!!!!!! I love the photo where he's in front of his cake and clapping (or waving? haha) He is so happy. :) Congrats to you and your hubby as well, for making it 2 years in with a toddler!! They are growing up so fast! *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Everett!!! What a fun party!

    Can't believe I'll have a 2 year old next week too!

    ReplyDelete