Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Promise Kept

My little boy kept his promise that he made here. For almost 2 months of refusal of solids, he is now eating like a champ. He is taking up to 1/2 a jar of food, up to 3 times a day. I have been adding Gerber Whole Grain Cereal and he seems to enjoy it. This is such a drastic change from his eating 1-2 spoons a day, and that was on a good day.

We have also been giving him a few bites of whatever we are eating. Last night, he had about 5 bites of the Shepard's Pie I made. He especially loved the mashed potatoes. This morning, he had a few nibbles of my butter croissant. Tonight, I'm making spaghetti and I'm anxious to see how he will respond to the slippery noodles and the taste.

On other news, I think Everett is teething again. He has been all sorts of fussy, grumpy, sensitive, and has been refusing to nap. He refuses to take his binky and he hasn't enjoyed being held lately, which are two of the things that he has always loved. He's refusing bottles as well. It's been a challenging few days but my attitude is staying positive and I'm finding myself stopping to take a handful of deep, slow breathes. A quick "help me God" prayer has worked too.

Today, Everett loved getting into stuff:


He also loved cruising around in his Jeep:






Even though he's been such a big grumpy puss lately, I love my little dude just as much!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for eating more solids!!! Isn't it fun to see them eat big person food too??? I'm always anxious to see reactions too. That video of Everett is great... I especially love the squeal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Too cute! Love the video! Im glad he is eating better! Good job Everett!

    ReplyDelete