Monday, August 9, 2010

Lincoln City

Time away + beach = fun. This was the equation we had in mind when we headed to Lincoln City but it wasn't quite what Everett had in mind.

We were so excited to get out of time for a few days with both Dale's and my work being so busy lately. We hadn't been out of town since I was 6 months pregnant last Summer. There was a lot of traffic for a Thursday morning and what should've been a 2 hour drive took us over 3 hours. First of all, Everett hates a 5 minute drive in the car, let alone 3 hours so I'm sure this did not put a good start to this trip.

Needless to say, it was much more stressful than fun. He didn't enjoy the beach; cried and fussed the entire time so we got in about 20 minutes total of beach time, not that the weather was all that great. Meals out allowed Dale and I to get in a few bites each before he started crying which led to evil stares our direction. Our night there, he was up from 2:30-5:00am and up for the day at 7am.

We've decided to wait until Everett's a little older before we attempt another out-of-town trip.

We were able to get a few smiles out of him but trust me, it took the silliest and weirdest faces we could make to get him to offer a little smile.



He wasn't even phased by the ocean. He thought his binky string was the best thing at that moment.



The weather was mostly cloudy. It was sunny for a few hours when we first got there though.



3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your trip didn't go as well as you had planned. This makes me a little weary about our upcoming trip to Chicago!!! It's a 6 or 7 hour drive... which we are hoping will go alright with a few stops. B is okay in the car and hopefully will sleep for most of the trek. That monkey hat is ADORABLE. I must have that for Bennett... could you tell me where you purchased it {hopes it's not a garage sale or thrift item!!}. I always call him Monkey... so I am always on the lookout for Monkey items. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sorry it was so stressfull. Like I said let me know when and i will bring the boys and we can hang out while you go celebrate with a QUIET dinner :)

    ALEE...thats funny....I told her the same thing about the Hat ; ) Carters outlet! I looked online and they don't have it online so I have to get to an outlet NOW before they're gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw yuck! Sorry your trip didn't turn out well. Better luck next time hopefully.
    Your son is absolutely adorable, and you have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete