Friday, August 27, 2010

I miss my sleep

I love Everett. I love everything about him, but I have to honestly admit that I really miss my sleep. We met Dale's mom for coffee this morning at 6:30am and she took one look at me and said, "you look exhausted." I always feel tired but never thought it showed on my face. I must look like crap. Ha.

Everett has been getting up and starting his day around 4am lately. We've tried everything to try to get him to fall back asleep but feeding him, changing his diaper, or rocking him has led to no such luck. While he has never slept with us, I even tried bringing him to bed but it only got him all excited and playful.

As usual, I just blame it on teething or refer to him just "going through another phase of some sort."

He is starting to pull himself up onto things and getting on all fours. He'll rock himself back and forth with a fierce look on his face that he wants to go somewhere but can't figure out how to move himself.






I know this won't last forever and someday soon, I'll know what it's like to get a good night's sleep.

1 comment:

  1. He is working on some pretty big milestones momma! They say to expect sleep issues when they are learning something new. It was definitely true with Cameron. Really, you are probably right....it is a phase. Hopefully he passes through it quickly and you can get at least a little sleep before the next sleep interruption phase!!! Lol. All we can do is laugh and smile that they are growing and learning so much that they can't sleep! Way cool that he is rocking! He's almost there!!!! Love the pictures.

    Way

    ReplyDelete