Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June is flying by!

I can't believe it's already mid June already. This month has been flying by and not only that, who would ever think that it's Summer? I actually don't mind the rain and am among the few who are not complaining about Spring's showers being extended. The weather is something we can't control so there's no point in worrying about it. Like they say: "Worrying is like a rocking chair- it gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere." And as for me, I find the rain very refreshing!

So what has the Connors Family been up to this month?

{Work} - Well, Dale's been working a lot and I am getting a little burnt out with my job. I think it's just a phase that I'm going through right now; especially with the increase in vacancies that has me a little stressed. I've been in this job-related phase a time or two before so it shall pass. It looks like Dale's store is looking to hire another sales rep so he and I are both looking forward to a normal schedule again. With him being away from home more, Everett and I have been visiting him at work lately.




{Friends} - We have been so blessed to have met the Nielson family and have thoroughly enjoyed the time that we have spent with them. Dale and I had been praying that we would have the opportunity to meet another Christian family in whom we could spend time with and our prayers were graciously answered. You too can meet them here.



{Solids} - Everett is on week two of solids with oatmeal being this week's menu special. He still doesn't seem all that interested in it but success is when he takes and swallows at least 2 small bites. I'm looking forward to Friday when we start him on some veggies.




While we're on the topic of Everett, we weighed and measured him today and he is 16 lbs and 5 oz and 25 and 5/8 inch long. 64% percentile for weight/length.





We hope that you are all enjoying your Summers so far!

Love,
The Connors Family

3 comments:

  1. What a cute family!! :) Where do you work? I don't mind the rain all that much either... it's been pretty rainy for over a week here in MN as well. Glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, A! Your family is beautiful as well!

    I work here: http://lifeofconnors.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-job.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you, hang on babe work does that it will get better

    ReplyDelete