Saturday, March 13, 2010

Today's Random Thoughts

My head itches. My neck itches. My arm itches, the back of my legs itch. I itch everywhere and haven't been able to stop itching and feeling like I have little bugs crawling all over me. I absolutely hate bugs. While my wonderful husband was Spring Cleaning our place yesterday, we came across a crack in the wood baseboard by the sliding glass door. Out of this crack were a bunch of tiny, round bugs.. I'm not quite even sure what exactly they are but these little suckers are the same bugs that I have found here and there throughout our home for the past month or so. I even had one crawling on me while I was napping and was unfortunate enough to wake up and see it right on my chest. I think I flew off the couch in lightning speed. I've probably itched my head over 10 times in the process of writing this blog. Nonetheless, we purchased some bug spray and I hope to God that it will keep this little suckers away. People have their phobias and the sight of insects makes me want to freak out, just a little bit.

So...I have about 15 lbs to go to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I've decided that I want to lose about 20-25 lbs and get myself into some really good shape. Dale purchased some 5 lb dumbbells for me yesterday and also bought us other things that he and I can do to work out at home. His mom has a brand new treadmill at her place that we are considering bringing over here. That would be all that I would need to get my cardio on. Working out is essential to losing weight but the hard part will be changing my diet. I eat like crap. I don't eat crap but eat like it. It's not what I necessarily eat but just how much of it I eat. We don't have junk food in our home and we eat pretty healthy; I will just need to limit my intake. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to wearing some skinny clothes again and to actually enjoy what I see when I look in our full-sized mirror. My new working out/eating healthy kick started today. So far, so good.

My husband is off work in an hour and a half. I can't wait til he gets home. I'm making him go with me to Pho Van. Again. We've been going every week for awhile now. I can't get enough of it. Oh, and it's healthy. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment