Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday!

Monday, Monday, Monday! I love Mondays. It's the day everyone trudges back into work from a weekend full of fun but for me, I'm allowed just one more day of doing whatever my heart pleases with Everett. I typically use this day to get out of the house but I'm not so sure I have the energy to today. My little rascal was awake from 1:30-4:30am this morning. He wasn't fussy nor seemed bothered by anything and was full of smiles, giggles, and toot noises. I can't sleep when knowing that Everett isn't asleep so I spent most of the time rocking him, in hopes that he'd go back to sleep. No such luck. Glancing at the clock and seeing that it was 4:30am, I realized that I needed to get some rest or I would otherwise have a Monday lacking patience, energy, and motivation so with Everett still wide awake, I set him in his crib and hopped back into bed. I laid there for about 10 minutes and having not heard a peep out of him, I assumed he was asleep and I myself fell asleep. I'm still pretty tired today but I forced myself to get Everett bundled up and we went for a swift morning stroll. I needed to snap out of it.

*************************************************************************************
Everett News: This past Saturday, he started feeding himself. Just like that. I know he's known how to do it because he did a few times when we very first starting feeding him finger foods months ago, but since Saturday, he's been feeding himself everything I give him with such ease and with this look of "It's no big deal, I've been doing this for months" look on his face. It does come with a price though. I can't watch. He will only do it if he thinks I'm not watching. Of course, when I became a mom, I grew eyes in the back and sides of my head so I'm definitely watching and he'll go on and feed himself piece after piece. As soon as I direct any attention to him, he stops, picks up the food, and proceeds to drop it on the floor. I set my focus elsewhere and he continues feeding himself. It's quite entertaining, I must say.


*************************************************************************************
"Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

"Life's most urgent question is, what are you doing for others?"

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment