Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Crunchy Tip #4 (Headaches)

Headaches are one of those nuisances that can throw you a curve ball and have you feeling off kilter during the day. At least for me, I wouldn't necessarily say they are painful but rather annoying and a bit disruptive. I typically don't take any ibuprofen to cure it and the first thing I always do when I get one is to drink a big glass of water. It is common for a headache to be a result of dehydration. Sometimes, water doesn't do the trick. In these instances, if you'd like a crunchy resolution, try ingesting some cayenne pepper. I'm not talking a spoonful but sprinkling some onto some food. If you're tough and wouldn't mind getting some hair on your chest, be my guest and take that spoonful.

Suggested foods include hummus, cottage cheese, or steamed broccoli or cauliflower. Really, it accompanies any (non-sweet) main dish and will add a little zing.


Another natural remedy is peppermint essential oil. Dab a bit onto your temples, close your eyes, and give it about 15 minutes. If you're looking for a place to purchase essential oils, I'd highly suggest getting them from Mountain Rose Herbs.

Try these remedies the next time you get bothered by a headache. Both are less expensive remedies to pain relievers you get at the drugstore and better for your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment