Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Blog Hiatus

It has been so long since I have blogged. There are many reasons why I haven't but it's largely due to my camera breaking. I prefer (as well as I know others do) blog entries with photos. I've been debating whether to get the Canon Rebel DSLR or to get a smaller, basic digital camera. I've wanted the Rebel for so long but haven't been able to justify spending the money on one. I'm not interested in becoming a photographer nor have the time to sit down and learn about all the options the DSLR's have to offer. But- when I see beautiful, high quality photos, I always wish I had one!

Time has also contributed to my lack of blogging. Everett is so playful and social these days and needs me to play with him all day. When he's down for a nap or in bed for the night, I work on cleaning up the house. It seems as if I have a dishwasher full to unload and to fill back up every single night. I'm a little OCD on leaving clean dishes in the dishwasher or dirty dishes in the sink so it needs to be done every night, along with the pick up of toys that literally lay EVERYWHERE. By then, it's 9pm and I'm ready to shower and get into bed.

I admit I haven't been staying up on everyone else's blog and am looking forward to catching up and seeing what everyone's been up to. I have been able to stay in touch via Facebook, which makes it so easy to do with the mobile app but I just deleted it off my phone. I have a love/hate with Facebook.

I'm also trying to shed about 20 lbs so I've been trying to run about 5 days a week. I haven't exercised in years. The first time I ran left me quite sore and barely unable to get up. It didn't hit me until about 3 days later. I should've ran a mile instead of two. Everett enjoys being in the jogging stroller and munches on snacks and waves at every single car and points at every single tree.

Well, sorry this is a boring blog entry with no photos. I'll be getting a camera here soon!

6 comments:

  1. glad you're back, christina!! I agree with you on so many of those...nice cameras, love/hate with fb, dirty dishes in the sink, etc. : ) i need to remember to add your blog to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully recommend the Canon DSLR! It's pretty easy and there are many online tutorials about how to use it. I got mine at Sam's Club (or should I say I got it for Christmas) and the whole package including 2 lenses, the body and the carrying case was only $575. Super deal!

    Obviously, we keep in touch on FB, but you've now inspired me to *maybe* start blogging again. haha! Although, I'm kind of liking the freedom at nights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE my rebel!!! I know you wouldn't regret the pics you get from it and they are getting more affordable by the day if you don't look for the newest of the new! Look forward to seeing some new pics of little Everett whichever camera you decide to go with.

    I usually love FB but I do understand the love/hate!!!

    That's so cute that Everett waves and points at every single car and tree. What a sweetie. :) Bennett will say Hi randomly to strangers. Not sure if I'm totally down with that or not. Hehe. He also loves the Moo! [moon].

    Glad to hear from you again. I love getting updates from all my blogger buddies!!! Stay sane Momma :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're back! You can only do what you can do - we'll be around any time you find time and energy to blog!

    I recently got my first DSLR and I LOVE it!! It's definitely a bigger investment but my photos are like 1000x better with minimal effort for me. Of course, you should get whatever works best for your budget and needs.

    Love that Everett is snacking and socializing while you work out - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We missed ya! I would also recommend just getting at least a lower end DSLR (I myself own a Nikon D50, which is pretty much an antique, but it has served me well in the past 6 years!). It's really the lens that makes the difference with the photos. You can get a DSLR for around $400. Then if you feel comfortable with it, you can just buy more lenses! You definitely get your ROI, and then some!

    I am also trying to get back into running. I am trying to lose some weight - well, a lot of weight. I want to enter races again. I started a new fitness blog, if you'd like to read it: jacysfitnessblog.blogspot.com

    Can't wait to see more pics of Everett! What about phone pics? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the time. After Jack goes to bed, I barely have time for anything before I need to get to bed myself. I definitely haven't been blogging as much as I would like to, but there are other more important things! I hope to see updates now and again on Everett though!

    I also recommend a DSLR. I have a Nikon D5000, which I got for Christmas last year, but I was planning on making the investment anyway. It's definitely worth it when you have such precious subject matter! The pictures are a thousand times better than the ones I get with my point-and-shoot. I look back at Jack's baby pictures and wince. I would suggest looking around for a used one, either on Craigslist or a local camera store.

    Good luck with the running. It's not easy to do, but it's definitely very rewarding. I also run with Jack in the jogger and right now it's just too hot to take him out (I wish I could go in the morning before it gets real hot, but I go at night after work). I feel much better when I'm running regularly, so I look forward to the fall and cooler running weather!

    ReplyDelete