Monday, October 12, 2009

oh the joys of pregnancy

At this point, the only thing I can do is make the best of it all. I didn't foresee having a complicated pregnancy, as things up to this point were going so wonderful but now is the time to be thankful that things aren't any worse.

I failed the second glucose test and my OBGYN told me this morning that I have Gestational Diabetes. We're hoping that it can be monitored by diet only so I will be hooking up with a Dietitian and will have a diet plan made out for the remaining of the pregnancy. I'll have to check my blood sugar level several times a day. I now sympathize deeply for those who have to deal with having diabetes on a daily basis for the rest of their lives. Avoiding carbs and sugars will be the toughest thing. Especially tough as Dale is sitting here eating a plateful of pizza and I'm literally salivating and drooling at the mouth. The box of Ding Dongs I just bought will just have to go to waste too.  What a shame.


I'm 30 weeks and 2 days a long and will need to start my weekly visits with my OBGYN a little earlier. Dale and I have actually been going in every Monday for the past 3 weeks. The wonderful thing is that we get to see baby Everett through ultrasound on a weekly basis and we receive a photo of him to take home with us. :)

The amniotic fluid will be checked up every week as well too. It has increased the last 2 weeks so I am so thankful for that. I am still reminded that it's on the low end so lots of water and lots of sleep is vital. I don't mind having to mandatorily rest a lot though as I am so exhausted all the time.The baby is putting pressure on my sciatic nerve so my constant lower back pain leaves for restless nights.

Oh the joys of pregnancy. I'll write a little more on the positive note the next time. This was all new news to Dale and I today so I thought I'd share our pregnancy progress.

Everett's nursery is coming along. I'll post some photos soon of his room!

No comments:

Post a Comment